The main directions for international cooperation of Andrei Krupynskyi Lviv Medical Academy:
- active positioning of the Academy at the international level, including educational, for enhancing the prestige of medical professional training in Ukraine;
- organization, development and increasing the amount of student educational exchanges, summer internships, nursing practice abroad;
- invitation of leading foreign specialists and lecturers;
- cooperation according to the signed agreements with foreign educational institutions of Germany and Switzerland on improvement and development of medical education.
In accordance with the agreement signed between Andrei Krupynskyi Lviv Medical Academy and KLINIK BAVARIA Kreischa Qualifizierung GmbH (Germany), students of the Academy are given the following opportunities:
- to undergo a practice in clinics of Germany with receiving a certificate;
- to deepen and consolidate theoretical knowledge in “The First European School of Physiotherapy, Ergotherapy and Logopedics”, which is located in Saxony, near Dresden (Germany);
- to undertake an internship in “The Center for Early Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation Therapy of Wounds” (Germany).
In December 2018, the Academy was one of the winners of the Ukrainian-Swiss project “The Development of Medical Education in Ukraine”, which is still active. This project allows to introduce a range of innovations, improve the teaching methods, and strengthen the institutional capacity of the Academy. The project is funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and implemented by the Swiss Institute of Tropical and Public Health. The main partners of the project are the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine, the Institute of Nursing Science (Basel, Switzerland), the Maastricht University (the Netherlands) and the School of Public Health of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy. According to this project, a modern simulation center was opened and equipped in the Academy in order to give students the opportunity to acquire and practice basic clinical skills.
Moreover, Andrei Krupynskyi Lviv Medical Academy successfully collaborates with:
- The President Stanisław Wojciechowski State University of Applied Sciences in Kalisz (Poland);
- Medical University of Lublin (Poland);
- International Foundation for Electoral Systems (the USA);
- Neanderklinik “Harzwald” GmbH (Germany).